One day I decided to use organic dry butterfly pea flower to make jam with fresh market strawberries. And made them into jam filled cookies that fill with aroma and crispy crust in every bite.
Total time 50 mins
Ingredient for cookie crust
- 1/2 cups vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cups coconut oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 flax eggs ( 1 Tbs flax meal + 2.5 Tbs Water*)
- * water: Using natural color from dry butterfly pea flower 1/4 cups dry flower + 1 cup hot water and use extract
- 2 cups gluten free flour ( using Bob Red Mill organic gluten-free all porpoise flour)
- 1 Tbs Vanilla
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cups tapioca flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Lemon zest
- 3/4 cups strawberry butterfly pea jelly spread
Ingredients for jelly
- 1 cups chop strawberry
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cups butterfly pea juice
- 1/2 cups organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbs honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp tapioca flour or cornflour
- 1/2 tsp agar agar
– Boil strawberry jam ingredients at low heat for 25 mins or until all strawberries breakdown into jam, slowing stir in agar agar whole jam still on stove and let’s the jam cool-down. Preferably over night or ice bath the jam container to accelerate the set.
– prepare oven heat at 350 Fahrenheit,
– line the cookie baking tray with baking paper
– with paddle attachment, cream vegan butter or room temperature half- solid coconut oil with light brown sugar until white and fluffy, add flax eggs.
– in another prepared big bowl, whisk dry ingredients until well combine.
– combine cream part, gently fold and minx until the dough are combine evenly before decide in to half.
– roll the dough and shape into small ball shape and make the hole to fill up the jam.
– bake the cookie about 15 mins or lightly brown but still can see color light blue.
– enjoy! They are delicious with butterfly pea flower tea also.